Using a Bicycle

If you're tired of high gas prices and taking your car to the shop every time it breaks down Or you are tired of high insurance prices. Or if you are concerned about the Gulf Oil Spill and global warming. My solution is get a bicycle. Like anything else you purchase, do your research.

If you're looking for a standard they sell them at any big box store Wal-Mart, Miejer, Kmart, or Target every day. By standard I mean the road, mountain, and beach cruiser bikes you see on the streets.

If you are looking for comfort then recumbent bikes and trikes are the way to go. I own and ride an EZ 3 SX tricycle. Every time I let someone ride it around the parking lot or even just sit on it, they compliment me on how much more comfortable it is compared to a standard.

If you want to go camping with your bike, be it a standard or a recumbent, get a kid hauler. You can find them anywhere like the standard or the recumbent bikes. Put your camping gear in it and take off. You won't need the added worry of where to park your RV or travel trailer. You can just pull into a site and unload everything.

Ride safe! Wear a helmet, use turn signals, and a head light and tail light are almost a must for riding either on the road or the bike trail.

By bentcrazy39 from Springfield, OH

4 More Solutions

What I have done for years is be car free. I have been riding my recumbent tricycle almost everywhere I go. That is, unless it rains. Then I either stay home or I ask for one of the large 50 gallon trash bags and that becomes a poor man's poncho.

Here in Washington you have to endure rain for a significant part of the year. That means that outdoor activities tend to require tricks for keeping things at least a little bit dry. If you have to leave your bicycle parked outside, a grocery bag is a great way to keep the seat dry.

Plastic Bag to Keep Your Bicycle Seat Dry

Bicycling glove tip for cold weather: If you bicycle in cold weather, instead of buying the warm bicycling gloves at around $50 per pair, I bought a pair of hunting gloves instead.

Whether you ride your bike to work, to school, or to the grocery store, biking is a safe, inexpensive and fun way to get around. It's also good for your waistline and the environment.

Several people commuting by bike.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Better Living Green Living Transportation BicycleMay 20, 2014
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-a-Bicycle.html