Saving Money on Gas

With the price of gas soaring, here are a few simple tips for conserving fuel:

These are just a few things that everyone can try, and every little bit helps.

By dorothy wedenoja from New Creek, WV

27 More Solutions

Institute a no-drive day each week to save on gas and get exercise. We are fortunate to be in walking distance (1-1.5 miles) to just about everything we need. Of course, this won't work for everyone. But for some, you can plan to drive even fewer days a week.

Have a No Drive Day Each Week

Here are some tips to help you save money on gasoline as well as a run down of tips that have been proven ineffective.

Saving Money on Gas, picture of money coming out of a cars gas tank

With gas being as high as it is it is very important to most of us to learn to handle as many chores as possible with fewer trips into town.

A good way to cut your fuel costs some is to pump your own gas at the "self-service" pumps instead of having an attendant do it for you!...

Weather permitting, turn off the air conditioning and travel with the windows opened. You'll burn less gas. Also, fuel economy is higher if you fill up before your gauge reads below 1/4. Under inflated tires waste gas also, so check your tire pressure regularly, before you set out. Once you've driven a very few miles, accuracy is compromised. Whenever possible, car pool. When you have several chores, try to align them in the shortest, most direct route. : ) By Doggy

Health and Human Resourses will reimburse you for the cost of the gasoline you had to purchase in order to go to and from doctor or dental visits. They will furnish you a form that you fill out and the doctor or staff member signs it.

On our most recent road trip we were thankful to find that gas was much cheaper than at home. However, I still wanted to get the best deal I could find. In many towns, driving just a block or two into town saved as as much as $0.40/gal!

gas station sign

You get gas rewards, called Fuel Perks, for Shell when shopping at Winn Dixie. When you redeem them, you have to use the discount on all 20 gallons or lose discount on gallons not bought. My car fills on 16 gallons so I bring a gas can for the remaining 4 gallons.

We own two Dodge Grand Caravans, and while they are not the most expensive vehicle to fill, they are far from the cheapest. Here are a few of the things we do to try to keep our gas costs down.

Improving Gas Mileage When Driving, Pumping Gas

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

As a mom, saving gas is very important. Here is one tip I can share when using your car's air conditioner. I'll make sure if the weather is good and if it is windy, I don't use the air conditioner. I will just open the window.

Save Gas by Minimizing Car Air Conditioner

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Don't trust the price on the sign at your local gas station. Always double-check that the price matches that on the pump you're about to use.

My commute to work is approximately 19 miles. Where I live, gas prices are between $3.19 - $3.39 per gallon. I've found that driving between 5-10 miles under the speed limit has helped stretch my gas a little bit. Even more when I drive at 45 mph.

Keeping the engine serviced on time will save you gas. Don't forget the transmission service every 20,000 miles, the rear axle every 20,000 miles, and rotate the tires every 6,000 to 8,000 miles for long life.

Gas prices are rising rapidly (as always), so here's a tip for getting better gas mileage: Obey speed limits! Studies show that, for every 5 miles per hour you drive over 60 mph, it's like paying an extra 20 cents per gallon of gas! And, by actually going the speed limit, you'll be avoiding a pricey speeding ticket.

Here are some great tips on saving money on gasoline. I received this morning and thought I would pass these tips along. Gas is over $3.00 a gallon here. Some of these tips are new to me.

More gas is wasted by people not completely fastening their vehicle's gas cap after putting gasoline in. Screw it in until you hear a clicking sound, otherwise it'll either spill out or evaporate. With the price of gas these days, make the most of each tankful!

Load More
Consumer Advice Cars Saving On GasJuly 11, 2011
🎃
🎂
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Money-on-Gas-Guide.html