Using a Can Strainer

I recently was wandering around the Dollar Tree and came across a plastic can strainer. I don't know how I never knew about this little kitchen tool. It makes draining the liquids out of cans so easy.

It also makes it easier to rinse them. I highly recommend buying one, especially since they can be bought so inexpensively.

Anonymous

Awesome gadget! Nice Fiesta bowl too! Don't know how I missed buying this color (chartreuse?)

Wow didn't such a thing was around. Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous

To use they should be turned the other way, but they work great!

Anonymous

You have it upside down. The indentation fits right over the can opening so you just have to turn it over.

Honey - you have it upside down - LOL. The indentations are meant to fit over the can.

I found that it worked better that way on cans that were too big to fit in the smaller opening. It held it in place when I was draining it. :)

I want to get one of these & will definitely look in the dollar store. I've been seeing them in mail order catalogs & on websites for several dollars apiece, but for that price I'll just use the cut-off can lid.

It occurred to me that there's probably a dollar store version (safer than the can lid). Now I just have to get to the dollar store!