Using a Government Free Cell Phone Plan

A cell phone service needs to be reliable, even when it is free. This is a guide about using a government free cell phone plan.

I have a free government cell phone. It is a free cell phone, but I'm having to spend $5-10 per month for talk minutes, plus the thing acts up all the time. I put itself on airplane mode and blue tooth at the same time while I was talking with someone this morning. I am not technical, but I am trying to learn. It also disconnects my calls all the time. Does any one have suggestions for either buying my own phone and using it with the government plan and or if there is a plan that is cheap and easy to use?

I live in Maryland and each state is only allowed to use certain phones for the free phone program. T-mobile and AT&T are the phones I can use. They have to be unlocked. I called the T-mobile store this morning and she said all the phones they sell at the store are locked.

I have looked on Amazon, but I am concerned I'd buy it and then not have the right thing. I am coming to you first because I don't get much help from the free cell phone company.

Answers

Best Answer

Hi,

There should be no charges on a government free phone. Here is a link that provides information:

www.freegovernmentcellphones.net/.../government-cell-phone-really-free

Is your phone ReachOut Wireless, or Safelink Wireless or Assurance Wireless? These are the ones the government pays for.

Blessings,

Robyn

Safelink Wireless, Assurance Wireless and ReachOut Wireless,

I have had a free government cell phone for over 5 years now. It has never been an easy situation. I can't get through to help that my 56 year old ears can understand. I am not being a racist when I say that either so done post me that. The customer service reps are usually foreigners and I just can't understand them.

The problem right now is they told me I had to re-certify. I did that. Now I just got an email stating that's not what I was to do, I was to reapply completely. Does anyone have a trick to this or who I can call? My social worker who is new to the job and new to me said we will work on it when she visits for the first time, but I have been working on this for several months.
I am ready to throw the whole thing away, but I have got to have a phone. Any suggestions are very much appreciated. Thank you.