Using a Microwaveable Neck Heating Pad

I had a pattern for a heating pad that has a removable inner pouch that is filled with rice or clean kitty litter. It can be heated up in the microwave and used many times. I cannot find the information about heating times and was hoping your site would have that.

Heat in the microwave on high for 60 seconds or until desired temperature.
Basically, it depends on how warm you want it.

The website I went to said 75 seconds. However, microwaves vary greatly. I would start at 45 seconds and keep checking every 10-15 seconds. When you get the right timing, write it down so you remember for the next time.

Two minutes is usually the desired time if you stuff the bag with deer corn. I find the deer corn stays warmer longer. If you are planning to have a senior or elderly person use it, wrap a small towel around it before placing it on skin. Also it depends on the wattage on the microwave as well.

I personally would start at 30 seconds and see if it's hot or warm enough for you, if not you can always do another 10 or 15 seconds at a time.