Rice Filled Heat Pad Sweats When Heated

I made a heat pad with rice, but when I first got it out of the micro wave it was sweating. Why?

By Cindy W.

Rice is made to cook in water, so the heat makes a little "oven" in their. Barley is way better. This is just some of what google gives you. I hope this helps. PBP

www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie...

Rice has a moisture content that comes out when microwaved. Lots of people dampen the rice bag before heating so you get a moist heat which is soothing for chest colds and sore muscles.

Because rice has moisture in it, even though it seems dry. Incidentally, did you know that if popcorn was entirely dry, it wouldn't pop?

It's that tiny bit of moisture that heats up to make it explode.

Over time, it'll stop sweating. I think with ours on about the 3rd or 4th use it stops that.
I use popcorn, too, but find that is does tend to pop in there, and also the smell from the heated popcorn bag starts to bug us after 20 or so uses, but not so the rice bags. We love these in our house all winter for taking to bed at night, and they make great Christmas presents!

Anonymous

If the corn.pops, you aren't using the right kind of corn. The cirreccirn will make a few popping sounds when it is expelling moisture but it doesn't actually pop.

Make Your Own Health ItemsNovember 9, 2011
📓
🎂
🌻