Filling Microwave Therapy Bags with Recycled Tea Bags

I love DIY! I've used rice in a sock, but have found it eventually, "cooks". Has anyone ever tried saving and drying out tea bags, (without staples), to use a a filler?

I went on two websites. I'm listing one here, since it is basically the same as the other. Neither one mentioned tea bags. I am assuming tea bags won't retain the heat as well. tipnut.com/.../

I doubt tea bags would work. In fact, I had one cup heating in the microwave with a tea bag in it once and it was set wrong and the water boiled out and the bag caught on fire (was set for 10 minutes not 1)...plus not enough to them to hold the heat. Try field corn, cherry pits or change out your rice.

I use one filled with rice and it has lasted a long time but then it would probably depends on how often one is used and the time spent in a microwave.

Not sure about tea bags as some of "coverings" are questionable as to safety if placed dry in a microwave.
I did find some other suggestions for you to consider:

www.healthline.com/.../how-to-make-a-homemade-heating-pad...

Also found a "comparison" test on 3 different fillers:

www.sew4home.com/.../organic-fillers-warming-pads-we-compare...

If you liked your present bag using rice then maybe you could just plan to make a new one every so many days/weeks.

I saw one today that was made of sand.....

I dont' believe tea bags would work due to their consistency and the way they interact with heat, as mentioned earlier. You could use the contents of the tea, as well as other spices, seeds, dried flowers, etc, but not the bag itself.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesFebruary 25, 2017
🎃