Using a Strawberry Pot

Terra cotta planters are designed with pockets on the sides to grow strawberries. Many other herbs and garden plants can also be planted in them, to decorate any deck or patio.

My friend planted her terra cotta strawberry pot with different succulents. It looks fabulous. I have an old strawberry pot that is currently empty so I'm going to try my own version.

I have had this terra cotta strawberry pot for years. I have often planted strawberries, although I can't keep the slugs from eating them. My friend had a similar pot with succulents. It looks more beautiful every year and I was tempted to do the same, but I decided I would rather have herbs.

I bought several herbs at my local garden store and filled up each pocket with a different one. I planted thyme in the top so it can spread out. I also have 3 kinds of lavender, rosemary, sage, parsley, basil, and tarragon. I still need one more for the final pocket. I'm worried about the basil as I think it will be too dried out. If it doesn't make it, I'll replace it with something hardier.

I think it looks beautiful on my front doorstep. I'm particularly fond of how the thyme is currently in bloom.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

This planter, A.K.A strawberry planter, was planted with the plants' needs in mind. The very bottom plants are Portulaca, very drought tolerant. They thrive on the bottom because they won't get over saturated.

The top plant is a New Guinea Impatiens, it likes water and will droop when it's in need of a drink! The allysum and lobelia are planted in the middle and will get watered when the New Guinea Impatiens tells me it's thirsty!

Honestly though, I do water my plants before they droop but once in awhile, you know.

By Deb from East Brunswick, NJ

Garden flowers planted in a strawberry pot.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

Plant with trailing plants and add a top to a strawberry pot and you have an attractive side table for your deck or patio. This is a page about strawberry pot side table.

Strawberry pot with a glass table top.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Gardening Creative PlantersMay 12, 2020
😎
🐛
👔
🌻
😷

Generated 2020-05-16 09:24:33 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️