Using a Toilet Seat Cover

Category Other
A white toilet with a green toilet seat cover.
A nice decorating touch for the bathroom, but the bowl cover still needs to work properly. This guide is about using a toilet seat cover.

I like to use lid covers on my toilet. The problem is for the guys - how can they get the seat to stay up since the thickness of the lid cover prevents this?

Polly from Turtle Creek, PA

My aunt solved this problem by putting the cover on the inside of the lid. That way the lid had to stay open but she said they liked the soft cover to lean back on.

attach a tiny square of velcro hook and loop to both the seat cover and the tank cover works perfectly, use the sew on king so it does not come off. the other type can not wash or dry but sew on kind can. sold in walmart in the craft department in dots of both hook and loop per pack for $1.99 for about 12 sets.

Those are good ideas for the lid to stay up. I need to know how to keep the seat up (for the men). The lid stays up okay.

Polly G

You might just have to forget a cover or get a thinner one. I never have bothered with a cover because it's just one more thing for them to get dirty and for me to wash. The bath mat is enough for them to get dirt and mud on.