Any child would love one of these cuties for Valentine's Day. You can even wrap one around a gift or gather a troupe of them together. The magnets in their hands let you pose them any way you want!
Approximate Time: 2 hrs. approx.
- felt in your choice of color
- fur material in your choice of color
- 2 button magnets - 3/8 inch by 3/4 inch
- 2 wiggle eyes
- heart shaped buttons
Note:Be sure when inserting magnets into hands, that you have the correct sides of each facing in the correct direction. Magnets have a negative and positive side to them and they need to be on the correct sides to magnetize to one another.
- Use pattern and cut out monkey body parts.
- On one head piece, sew a heart button on for a nose. With black thread, sew a mouth.
- Put head pieces together and place a small piece of fur in between them at the top of the head. Sew head together from ear to ear, stitching through hair as you go.
- Insert some stuffing to fill top of head.
- Sew large heart button in middle of one body piece.
- Place body pieces together and insert inside of head, lining up to the dotted line shown on pattern.
- Pin body to head through the back side. Begin sewing head closed, inserting stuffing into the head, as you go. Now you should have a stuffed closed head with an empty unsewn body attached.
- Cut 2 strips from the fur material, approximately 3 inches by 7 inches.
- Put right sides together and stitch along the long side to form a tube. Repeat for other arm. Turn tubes right side out.
- Insert arms between body pieces and pin closed.
- Cut 2 strips from fur material, approximately 3 inches by 6 inches. Sew into tubes as you did for the arms. Turn right side out.
- Begin sewing sides of body, catching arm fur well as you sew.
- Leave bottom open and insert leg tubes. Pin legs through one layer of body.
- Stuff body and re-pin body closed. Sew bottom closed.
- Cut out feet and hands. Take the 2 pieces of one hand and sew together, leaving end open. Slide a magnet into the hand. Gather end of arm and insert into hand. Sew edge closed well. Repeat for other arm.
- Sew feet together, leaving end open.
- Insert legs inside open end and sew closed.
- Make little bows from ribbon and sew one on top of each foot.
- Sew small heart button to middle of each ear.
- Glue on wiggle eyes.
- Use pattern and cut banana from thin cardboard or cardstock.
- Cut 2 banana peels using pattern from yellow felt. See photos below for card assembly stages.
- Place peels together and sew across bottom and up both sides, approx. 2". Put dab of glue on end of banana card and slip into peel.
- Using sharp scissors, cut strips down banana peel.
- Write saying on card.
By Mary from FL
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.