Valentine's Day Stockings
I started the tradition of Valentine Day stockings a few years ago. We enjoyed filling them with sweets and love notes.
Total Time: 1 hour
- pinking shears
- embroidery floss and needle
- sewing scissors
- colored felt for small hearts
- Using a heart shape paper pattern piece, cut out two hearts from fabric. Using the same pattern piece, cut out two hearts from felt. This will make the heart more sturdy to hang.
- Trim the front side of one heart with ribbon. Cut a piece of ribbon to go across the heart leaving two inches to tuck in between the sandwiched fabrics. Sew the ribbon into place. Using one of the pieces of felt, pin to the back of the heart with the ribbon ends sandwiched in between and pin all the way around. Add a ribbon loop on the left side of the heart and pin into place. Sew all the way around the heart. Pink the edges of the heart with pinking shears. Cut out a small felt heart. Pin onto the larger heart and using embroidery floss, stitch around the edges of the heart.
- Make the back of the heart following the same steps as for the front heart (except without loop, heart, and trim). Pin the front of the heart to the back of the heart, felt hearts on the inside, and sew all the way around, through the four thicknesses, leaving a few inches open at the top to form a pouch to hold the candy and notes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.