BooksCollectibles

Value of a 1944 Copy of Further More by Damon Runyon

I have a 1944 edition of 'Further More' by Damon Runyon, published by Constable and Company. It is in good condition, there is a crack in the spine showing between pp ii and iii, but can be repaired. The original yellow dust cover is faded and age stained, and tape- reinforced on the inner side; the blue linen backed hard cover in good condition.

Less than $10 based on my research.

This is still a popular book but the asking prices are allover the board according to the year published but mostly by condition.

Only first editions are asking high money but I did not find any sold listings over the past several months and book sellers usually have hundreds/thousands of books listed on several sites and just leave them listed 'forever'.

Your book may be valued at $3-5 dollars but would it sell? Probably not.

Check out some of these listings (asking prices are not 'value' prices.

www.abebooks.co.uk/.../

www.biblio.com/.../878756

It looks like someone has the identical book listed on eBay for 25.57. It appears to be in the same condition as yours (maybe a little better).

www.ebay.com/.../333280667952?hash=item4d99136930...

You can watch this and see if it sells and that would be today's value. I personally think that is a very high asking price because there are so many versions out there and unless someone is looking for one from a particular year, if they want one just to read, there are much lower priced once out there (under $10).

When this auction sells be aware that the value will be decreased because the SELLER is paying shipping...and fees, so subtract up to $9 off the sold price to know the value.

Post back with how your sale goes! Thanks for sharing!

I also looked at this book but did not feel it was a good representation as from what I could find, this book has been listed for over 3 years.
The seller is a large book seller - presently has 280,399 items listed and will most likely have this book listed for many more years (at this price)
but - I agree that it does not hurt to place a watch on any item as there is just no way to tell when someone will come along and snap it up.
It does appear the listed book is in better condition but it is difficult to know from only a couple of pictures and a questionable seller.

I believe the biggest problem is there are so many publications (years) of the same book which means there were thousands published with each printing - a very popular book - just too many copies available.

Consumer Advice Collectibles BooksSeptember 30, 2019
🎃
🌻