Vegan Mediterranean Beetroot Dip Recipes
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
February 16, 2016
This beetroot dip is very easy to make. I use beans instead of dairy and it comes out super creamy. Think of it as a very pretty hummus. I served it for Valentine's Day because the beautiful colour suits the occasion!
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 beetroots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup cooked great northern beans (or any white bean)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds or ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp oil
- water, to thin to desired texture
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Peel and chop beetroots. The smaller you cut them, the faster they cook and more they caramelize. Chop garlic cloves into thirds. Drizzle oil on baking sheet and put the beetroots and garlic pieces on.
- Sprinkle with cumin and cinnamon.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until caramelized.
- Transfer this baked mixture to a blender or food processor. Add beans. Squeeze lemon juice in. Add about 6 tablespoons of water and start blending.
- Keep adding more water while blending until you reach desired consistency.
- Serve with chips, bread, crackers, or veggies.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.