Veggie Balls Recipe
A delicious way to prepare vegetables that the whole family will enjoy. This is a page about veggie balls recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here's a money saving healthy treat. This recipe is good for those parents who are having a hard time introducing vegetables to their kids.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 20 balls
- 2 large potatoes
- 1/4 kg carrots
- 1/4 kg squash
- 5 stalks moringa leaves* (optional)
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 piece white onion
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 kg flour
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 3 pinch pepper
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/4 kg bread crumbs
*Moringa is commonly known as "drumstick tree". The green leaves have lots of health benefits. The leaves are small so they can be added directly to the mixture. When moringa is dried, the leaves can be easily turned into powder.
- Wash and peel the potatoes, carrots and squash.
- Grate the vegetables including the garlic cloves. Mince the onion.
- Wash the moringa leaves, and remove from the stalks. You can also used dried leaves.
- Grate the cheese. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the grated vegetables, minced onions, grated cheese, and moringa leaves.
- Add salt, pepper and sugar. Add the eggs, flour and corn starch. Mix until well blended.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the mixture and roll into balls.
- Roll into a small bowl of flour. Dip into a beaten egg. Roll into bread crumbs.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tip: Serve with cheese dip or simply ketchup. You can also cook sweet and sour veggie balls with it.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.