Viburnum Tree in Bloom

This beautiful tree was sort of an accident. I was looking for a dogwood and the nursery recommended this instead. My husband had his heart set on a dogwood so we planted it in our side yard between driveways. I'm sorry now that I didn't plant it where it would show better.

It flowers twice, in the spring and late summer. It was pruned to a tree form when I got it and I've kept cutting off any lower branches to keep that shape. One of my best gardening accidents.

I like it grown as a tree but I can remember when (1960's) everyone would have laughed if someone had mentioned "lets make it into a tree". Nice looking tree and yard.
Betty

Anonymous

We have one that is a tree, in bloom all spring and summer....unless it gets real windy and the flowers get knocked off, but then it recuperates and blooms again. In summer I do notice Japanese Beetles going to it and doing some chomping, but not enough to make it unattractive. I love our pretty tree, so do the birds, always a nest and bird in it every year.

Thank you so much for posting this!! I live in the PNW also and at this time of year I see these lovely trees in bloom all over the place.

I thought they were a different variety of dogwood. Now I know what to ask the nursery for when I go get one!

Ask for a double viburnum because they flower twice a year. Such a treat to get a second batch of flowers late in the season.

Home and Garden Gardening TreesJune 22, 2017
📓
😎
🌻
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Viburnum-Tree-in-Bloom.html