Growing Viburnum

Category Shrubs
There are over a hundred varieties of this easy to grow beauty. This is a guide about growing viburnum.

This beautiful tree was sort of an accident. I was looking for a dogwood and the nursery recommended this instead. My husband had his heart set on a dogwood so we planted it in our side yard between driveways. I'm sorry now that I didn't plant it where it would show better.

It flowers twice, in the spring and late summer. It was pruned to a tree form when I got it and I've kept cutting off any lower branches to keep that shape. One of my best gardening accidents.

I recently moved in a new house and planted a new garden. I chose vibutnum as a shrub for my pathways and I am interested in DIY methods to fertilize it. Can I use milk whey?

www.anyflora.com/viburnum-hedge/

Answers

I use whey on all my plants. I dilute it with water. 3/4 whey and 1/4 water.

I think it is great that you are looking for natural ways to take care of your plants!!! That is awesome! That is so much safer for our planet and for us!

These lovelies are pretty hardy souls and in most gardens don't need much more than water to have them thrive. Most gardeners don't ever need to fertilize them.

I will leave it to the experts to tell you if milk whey is OK or not, but in this case, the most natural and best food for these shrubs is water!

I am interested to learn more about the milk whey so I will check back to see what everyone says!

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
These viburnum flowers were in my friend's garden. Amid all the icy and snow-laden branches I said it looks like an ice-cream tree!

Photo Location
Fife, Scotland

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3