Vietnamese Chicken and Shrimp Noodle Soup
This is my all time favorite soup! It is very easy to make and delicious to eat especially since the broth is all natural from the ingredients!
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 30
Total Time: 45
- 1 lb rice noodles (Hu Tieu Fresh Noodles)
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1/2 cup dried shrimp
- 1 white onion
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 gal water
- 1 garlic
- Wash and take the shell off the shrimp. Wash the chicken and clean throughly. Dice 1/4 white onion and bunch of green onions and side aside for garnishing.
- In a large pot, pour 1 gallon drinking water and allow the pot to boil.
- When the pot boils, put the whole chicken in, dried shrimp, garlic, 3/4 white onion, salt and sugar on medium heat. Cover the pot with a lid for about 20 minutes.
- Add the cleaned shelled shrimp. Add fish sauce then cook for 10 minutes.
- Soup broth is now completed. Get a bowl and take the whole chicken out to shred.
- Now open the rice noodle packet and evenly distribute into bowls to serve. In the bowl you typically will put the rice noodles, broth with shredded chicken, shrimp and top with white onions, green onions, fried garlic and dash of pepper. Enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!