Waldorf Salad Recipes

Category Salads
Originally served and named for a New York hotel, this salad usually contains apples, walnuts, celery, and mayonnaise. This page contains Waldorf salad recipes.

This salad tops any Waldorf salad I have ever made! It's got the taste of apple salad with a little extra. I saw the original recipe in a Taste of Home recipe book but tweaked it to suit my taste.

Directions:

Drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Set pineapple aside, in a saucepan, combine juice with sugar, eggs, and salt.

Cook, stirring constantly, over a medium-low heat until slightly thickened (don't get impatient, it takes a little while to start to thicken.) Remove from the heat: cool.

Add pineapple, celery, apples, grapes, bananas and walnuts and mix gently.

Whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold fruit mixture into whipped cream.

Pour into a 9 x 12 inch casserole dish and freeze until firm. Let stand about 15 minutes at room temperature before cutting and serving. Serve on a lettuce lined plate for an appealing salad.

Servings: 14
Time:15 Minutes Preparation Time
15 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: Orginal recipe from "Taste of Home" No-Fuss freezer meals October 2008

By Jacque

This is a Weight Watchers 4 Points Plus+ Recipe.

Directions:

Combine all ingredients except walnuts and lettuce leaves and toss well. Place on lettuce leaves if desired and garnish with walnuts.

Yield: 4 Servings
Serving Size: about 1 cup

Source: http://www.weight-watchers-points-plus-recipes.com

By Jim from Kansas City, KS

Dressing:
  • 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
  • 2 Tbsp. honey
Salad:
  • 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, diced
  • 1 cup chopped apple
  • Ad

• 1 cup halved red grapes
  • 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
  • 4 lettuce leaves
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts

Directions:

In small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; blend well.

In large bowl, combine all salad ingredients except lettuce and walnuts. Pour dressing over salad; toss gently. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours to blend flavors. Chill plates in freezer until just before lining with lettuce leaf. Stir salad before serving. Serve on 4 lettuce-lined plates. Sprinkle with walnuts.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Mix all above ingredients and sprinkle with cinnamon. Chill and serve.

Love this mixed fruit salad.

A delicious, fresh salad when broccoli crowns and cauliflower are on sale.

This is a bit of a different spin on traditional Waldorf salad. It has been in my late husband's family for years and was always a staple on our Thanksgiving, Christmas, and/or Easter dinner table.

The nice thing about this recipe is the fact you can add more yogurt or fruit if you want. This helps to get your daily fruit in, as well as something easy to make and enjoy as a desert or used during dinner.

Please try this. I am sure you will like it.

Makes a low calorie salad.

I'm looking for the recipe for Ruby Tuesday's Waldorf salad.

Thank you,

Martha from Saginaw, MI

Answers

Boy, if you find it, let me know!! I love their Waldorf Salad LOL

Thanks, B from West Virginia

By KLS8800 (Guest Post)

There is a site that has several restaurant chain recipes. It is www.topsecretrecipes.com. It may contain that recipe. I got my KFC cole slaw from there. KFC is the only place I know of that can make cole slaw that can come close to being as good as my grandmother's was. I think they change or rotate their recipes, so it may be in an archive or something. If that is a bust, try google.com Also, I don't know if it'd be a clone or not, but there are two CDs at Wal-Mart called One Million Recipes (both 9.99 each) near the microwaves.

(why they are THERE is beyond me, but in two WMs, one being a super WM, that is where I found them.) Those CDs have a lot of variations and different categories, diabetic, kid friendly, no bake, picnic, for all foods, not just salads, but soups, salsas, main dishes... and on and on. Or, why not just ask Ruby Tuesdays? Nothing ventured nothing gained. The worst that can happen is they say they cannot give out the recipe.

By martha saginaw (Guest Post)

we no longer have a ruby tuesday in our area.I have asked for the recipe when they were still open.I couldn't find a website for ruby tuesdays.i never heard of a cd with recipes,I'll check it out at walmart.thanks for help

Did you find the recipe for Ruby Tuesday's Waldorf Salad? I would appreciate that recipe or one very similar. Thanks, Yvonne

By SLIMER (Guest Post)

It is just mayo, vanilla extract, red delicious apples, diced celery, and walnuts, mixed together to desired taste and consistency, then chill.

By Kat (Guest Post)

The Waldorf salad that is at the Ruby Tuesdays in NC have at least 2 kinds of apples, dried cranberries, two kinds of nuts, celery, raisins and a wonderful dressing that I wish I could get the recipe for. If I ever figure it out Ill post it here.

By Heidi (Guest Post)

My husband and I love this salad. So, I asked the waitress one evening for the recipe and this is what she gave me: Enjoy!
apples
celery
pecans
dried cranberries

DRESSING:
3/4 - cup mayo
1 cup - sour cream
sugar

My husband and I love this salad so much that I asked the waitress one night if I could get the recipe. This is what she wrote down for me:

Apples
Celery
Pecans
Dried Cranberries

Dressing:

3/4 cup - Mayo
1 cup - Sour Cream
sugar

Enjoy!

By Carolyn (Guest Post)

Here's the recipe from Top Secret Recipes:

Ruby Tuesday Apple Salad

Mosey on over to the salad bar at Ruby Tuesday and you'll find this sweet, creamy apple salad somewhere down at the end. It's a simple recipe to clone with just nine ingredients, and it makes a great side for any casual cookout, picnic, reunion, or mandatory boring office party. Dried cranberries rehydrate to add notes of concentrated sweetness, and the celery and chopped pecans contribute extra crunch. You'll need two kinds of apples - one green and one red -just be sure to dice them into pieces that are about the size of almonds. Plan ahead on this one so that you can let the salad sit for several hours before you serve it. It tastes much better after a good fridge nap. This recipe yields enough for 6 servings, but it can easily be doubled or quadrupled to fill more mouths.

1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 Granny Smith small apple, diced
1 Gala or Fuji small apple, diced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup chopped pecans (candied)
1/4 cup minced celery

Directions:
1. Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, and lemon juice in a medium bowl and whisk until sugar has
dissolved.

2. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Store the salad in a sealed container in your refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours
before serving.

Makes 1 quart (6 servings).

By Juan (Guest Post)

Hey, I work there. I make this stuff everyday.

2 Quarts of Waldorf Salad

10 oz. Red Apple
5 oz. Green Apple
6 oz. diced celery
3 oz. dried cranberries
3 oz. honey roasted pecans (recently removed)
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise

Basic recipe, you can make it to your own taste.