Washer Does Not Agitate or Spin

I have a GE washer. It is less than 2 years old. The spin and agitation cycles just stopped working? Everything else works fine.

By christa from TX

Answers:

Washer Does not Agitate or Spin

Call in someone to fix it. It's usually still cheaper to pay for a repair then it is to buy a new washing machine. (07/12/2010)

By Marjorie

Washer Does Not Agitate or Spin

My 10 year old machine would not spin. I had my boyfriend look at it, but he couldn't see anything obvious. The next day, I called in an appliance repair man, and he had it fixed within 20 minutes. It is a common thing to happen, and required a small piece. Easy for this guy, but a job of many hours if you don't know what you are doing. Just call a repair man. My bill was about $100. (07/14/2010)

By Louise B.