Washer Does not Agitate or Spin

My washer will not agitate or spin.

By harvey from Decatur, GA

Answers:

Washer Does not Agitate or Spin

My washer wouldn't spin, by accident I was able to get it to. I would push on the lid like I was giving it CPR. Sometimes I would choose a different cycle and then push down in the middle of the lid and I could manually get it to spin.

Then I realized all I needed to do was tap the lid where the lid met the connection to the washer. It's a pain to have to wait til it washes then change the spin then go back to the rinse cycle and spin again, but it's getting a little life back. I don't know about the agitation unless you try another setting.

An appliance guy once told me that so many machines say "large capacity", but people overload the dryers and washers. If you have to buy another one be careful your not overloading the appliances.

By Michelle Good