Waterproof Bee or Wasp Repellent

I am allergic of bee stings, I see too many bees and wasps in the swimming pool. Is there any waterproof repellent that will keep them away from me.

By kumar

I do not believe so. I have never heard of one. Usually bees will not bother you if you do not bother them. Wasps are more aggressive, but they are usually not a problem near ponds or swimming pools. Repellents are not effective for bees, hornets and wasps.

Wasps will build nests under the top rail and inside the wall posts of above ground pools.

Anonymous

Yes there is at my pool bees are common so when you see a bee go under water for a long time or go under water and swim away or stay still if 1 is on is on you. if you feel like your are gonna swat think of happy thoughts and laugh

Best Answer

I have been told by many people, if you put vinegar in your pool water it will repel bees. They are attracted to open water sources, but if that source is contaminated, with say vinegar or peppermint essential oils, they will stay away from it.

Make sure to keep your pool covered when it's not in use.