Website for Diet Translation

I need a web site that will explain to me the diet my doctor gave me. One that does not require me to have doctorate to understand. Also as egg yolks and baking soda are now on my no no list, can someone direct me to a site that will explain the whys and whats of bread making to me.

The doctor gave you specific instructions. If you dont understand ask him for clarification, or have someone from his staff explain it to you. Going on random websites may give you erroneous information

I'd ask the doctor, too, as your case is probably about your personal health results, and not targeted in general.

Perhaps you can also email your doctor. My doctor and I commute via the hospitals website so it is easier to reach my doctor.

Your doctor has undoubtedly placed you on a personalized diet plan and should have given specifics for you to follow.

• If their instructions are not clear enough then you definitely need to ask for further instructions.
  • Many doctors now have an email link to their office that you can review your file so you can review what information they are placing in your file. Check to see if your doctor has this program as it may have something about your diet.
  • You will have to ask about your diet plan and also how strictly you have to follow it and hopefully how long you will have to follow this plan (a few months or forever?).
  • There may be some items that are more important than others so ask about this also.
  • If you still have problems you should ask your doctor to refer you to a dietician to help you formulate his plan.

I know for a fact vegan's don't eat eggs at all. There are a lot of bread recipes for vegan's that you can use at home to make your own bread if this is the case.

As for the other problem with your diet and not understanding the ins and outs of the diet I would talk with the doctor who might direct you to a dietician to help you out. They are so good and can really work with you and help you out. Furthermore, they have a lot of information that they can give you to help you understand this. I'd really call the doctor back and see if they can make an appointment for you with their dietician to help you out.

this question is challenging due to lack of information. Aside from the fact that peopel are nervous giving medical advise, there's a lto to be answered here such as

what was your condition? Due to eliminating yolks (fat/cholesterol/animal products) and baking soda (sodium/potassium homeostasis issues) I have to assume you're dealing with renal/vascular issues. IE your kidneys are shot. But I don't know anything else. Is there diabetes in the picture? Heart disease? Is it a congenital kidney condition or due to other disease/damage? are you on dyalisis?

If you do have a kidney diet then many good sites talk about the ideal and the rationale behind the specific food restrictions. Anthing from the Rice Diet to the NKF-endorsed diet could be suggested. But I hesitate to post any links without confirmation you DO have a specific kidney disease.

this site gives an exhaustive and great list of egg substitutes and dealing with an elimination diet www.kantrowitz.com/.../eggeliminationdiet.html
"Often the simplest solution is to substitute two tablespoons of liquid (water or oil or milk) for each egg in a recipe. However, sometimes eggs are used as a binder in a recipe or to help the dough rise, so you may need to add yeast or baking powder or use a more gelatinous material." many good tips in that site

as far as baking soda, replacing with yeast or 3 times baking powder can work. But then you have to alter other ingredients to account for alkalinity, sodium levels, and so forth cooking.stackexchange.com/.../replacements-for-baking-soda-in-a...

best of luck i know it's tough being on a restricted diet