Week 10: Beef Stew
This week's soup is a hearty beef stew made in the Instant Pot. It would be just as good made in a Dutch oven, stockpot or slow cooker. This is a perfect meal to serve for St. Patrick's Day.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A delicious and tender beef stew prepared in an instant pot. Very juicy and healthy, no stock added just water. Serves perfectly with nice toasted baguette.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6 people
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 2.5 cups water
- 3 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 yellow onions
- 6 carrots
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 red potatoes
- 3 gold potatoes
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Dash of salt/pepper
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Wash and prep ingredients. Cut beef into cubes and marinate with dash of salt and pepper. Peel and chop potatoes, carrots, onions, mince garlic cloves and chop rosemary.
- Coat meat evenly with tapioca flour or all purpose flour.
- Using the sauté feature on your instant pot, add butter.
- Once melted, sauté meat for 4 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Mix ingredients dried thyme, rosemary, minced garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add water in and using a wooden spoon, scrap the bottom making sure nothing is stuck. Mix bowl of seasonings into the pot.
- Now add in onions, carrots and potatoes.
- Select setting meat/stew and it will display 35 minutes cooking time.
- Once 35 minutes is up, press cancel and allow a few minutes before release steam valve. Give your stew a nice stir and it is ready to serve.
July 17, 20180 found this helpful
Looks so yummy!