Weeping Willow Lost Leaves After Transplant

I bought a bundle of willow branches online and placed them as instructed. They started budding/growing leaves, more and more each day. A few months later I went out back and planted them. A week later I went out and there were leaves/branches sprouting everywhere.

It was out back for maybe 6 months, and is about a year old now. Recently my dad asked me to move it to the front, so I did. As expected, it went into shock. The leaves whithered and eventually fell off and the branches dried out.

Some of the branches are sprouting new leaves, closer to the trunk of the tree; but there are so many more branches that are dry and brittle. Do I prune the dead branches/twigs, or will the tree eventually catch up and look beautiful again?

By Donna R