What Is This PlantPlant Info

What Is This Houseplant?

My aunt has a houseplant, but doesn't know what it is. It has long thick stalks that shoot out from the base and large leaves that flow along either side of the stalks. It's a pretty large plant and very pretty.

Anonymous

This is a Hevea Brasiliensis, or commonly known as Rubber Tree. Just in case you want to plant it outside, tell your Grandma that this tree has very invasive tree roots and can reach a height of 144 feet in a blink of the eye! I had a tiny one sitting in my bay window but my husband planted it outside. It is now 144 feet high or more and had literally taken over our whole front yard. I wish he had never planted it in the ground! They do make beautiful houseplants though.

That is Hevea Brasiliensis or Rubber Tree. Tell your Grandma that is she want to plant it outside, she ought to know that these plants have very invasive root systems and can grow to a height of 144 feet in a blink of an eye.

I had a very tiny one sitting in my bay window but my husband planted it outside and it is now 144 high or more. It has take over the entire front yard. They do make beautiful houseplants though.

Hello ! It is a Zamioculcas, full name : Zamioculcas zamiifolia.

Thank you! That is defiantly what it is.