What Is This Houseplant? (Money Tree)

Category House Plants
The money tree or money plant is a common name for Pachira Aquatica. They are also known as Malabar or Guiana chestnut and by many other names. This guide is about what is this houseplant? (Money Tree).

I'm trying to care for the plants in my office, but I don't know what kind this particular one is. I already tried a google image search and had no luck. I'd really appreciate your help and am sorry for the messy picture!

Answers

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your quick responses and help! I googled schefflera and found images of Pachira Aquatica and I believe that's it. I've included a better picture of the leaves. Sorry!

Hard to tell from this photo but maybe a schefflera??

I agree that it looks like it is in the schefflera family. The photo is not very clear on showing the leaves so the exact name would be difficult.

• The schefflera is a large family of plants but mostly all take the same type of care so the exact name is probably not necessary for knowing how to care for it.
  • I believe your plant may be Schefflera Amate but maybe you can check out the leaves as your photo does not show them well enough correctly.
  • Leaves make a big difference in the names as that is usually what distinguishes one plant from another.
  • If it is getting too "leggy" then it may not be getting enough light.

Here is a link to care information.

www.joyusgarden.com/.../

I am glad we could help and now that you have found the exact name that is even better. These are nice houseplants.