What Is This Plant?

The second mystery plant in my yard originally looked almost like a little pepper plant, but it got a lot bigger and made all these little green seed pod clusters (which I opened up to inspect). The weird part is that I don't recall it ever blooming, and I was watching for flowers. Ignore the white flower ball in the background. That's my onion blooming.

Best Answer

This looks like lamb's Quarters to me (Chenopodium album). The leaves should be mealy--tiny powdery granules that rub off-- and yes the flowers are very, VERY inconspicuous. A tasty wild edible when first sprouting.

Best Answer

Yes this appears to be lamb's quarters. Edible when young, monstrous weed when tall, but it should be easy to pull.