What Is this Insect Egg Nest?

What is this egg nest? I found it in the garden.

Best Answer

The nest does not look like a termine nest it looks more like a nest of a bone house wasp. I have seen wasps nest around here and this one looks like one of them. I would call a person to get it removed from your home. If you care not careful they can escape and when they sting it really hurts. You can also burn the nest to kill them on the inside.

Best Answer

I'm not sure about this but it looks a lot like either ground wasps, hornets nest or maybe even yellow jackets but in any case, I think you should not do anything until you know what you are dealing with.
It may not be dangerous but if it is a nest it will have a lot of builders and they may sting in a group if disturbed.
If there are children or maybe even nosy pets around I would think about keeping them away from that area as there may be more than one nest.

I think you should send the picture to your county extension office and ask for help as they will ID it and tell you what to do with it.

npic.orst.edu/.../countyext.htm

This looks like a Termite Mound/Nest - Here is info/history and pictures - en.wikipedia.org/.../mound-building_termites

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceJune 15, 2020
😎
😷
📓
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-Is-this-Egg-Nest.html