FlowersGardening

What is My Orchid Doing?

I have had this rescued (it was thrown away) orchid for about a year. Several weeks ago it started growing these tubers. Is it going to flower or what?

By magnumrtawd

Those tubers are actually the stems that the flowers will eventually bloom on. It looks like it's doing well. Just make sure to give it 1/4 cup of water per week. It may take a while but eventually you'll have beautiful flowers!

I am new to growing Orchids, but I think its a good thing that the "tubulars" are growing, as I understand it those are the roots, and when they are a whites color with green colored tips it means the plant is healthy. I had on too that came back from the brink of death and now looks healthy, I am still waiting for it to blossom, but it is looking better and better as the roots improve.