What is This?

Some kind of roller. It's *very* heavy! I can't imagine trying to use it by hand.

Poor image quality, sorry. Thanks

It looks like an old lawn roller to me. We used them every spring back growing up in Ontario in the 1950's.

I believe it is a lawn leveler/roller.
This one looks like the handle is damaged but it really is a 'lawn leveler'. Seems like people in by-gone-days loved to have beautiful manicured lawns and this was one of their tools.
These were made out of several different materials but they were all heavy. Some were even made out of stone.
Most were metal but some were made like a barrel that you filled with water or dirt to make it heavier.
www.antiques-atlas.com/.../garden_rollers

constructionjunction.secure.force.../.../InventoryItemDisplay?id=a1c0y00000Gu2QkAAJ
www.ebay.com/.../122841190697

This is a antique Sod Lawn Roller
attachment. This piece was attached to riding mower , to press down newly planted Sod. Here is the newest version .www.ebay.com/.../143968730619?chn=ps&norover

Thank you all so much!

We still have a grassy lawn, but that sounds like golf course quality, haha!!

This would not work on my 'lawn' and I feel sure that whoever used the one in the picture was a very strong person as it does have a handle which means it was used by a person and not pulled by a mule or tractor.
Nice yard decor?

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousApril 14, 2021
🐛
👒
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-is-This-9.html