What is This Plant?

This plant came up in my flowerbed. I didn't know what it was, but it looked rather neat, so I left it and watched it grow. It closes up at night and opens up in the mornings. Now I am noticing a yellow flower on it. I have no idea what it is. Has anyone ever seen it?

By ann

The photo is to small to be sure, but it looks like common popper bush. Part of the impatient family. In some states common popper bush is considered perennial. But may be an annual that reseeds itself.

It was named popper because the seed pods when ripe pop open when touched. There are poppers with yellow flowers, orange flowers, or some may have a variation of both colors with spots. Example: Yellow flowers red/orange spots in the middle.

If it is the popper bush, it is used to make soap.