AdviceGardening

What is This Plant?

I have two plants I can not identify. Could you please share what you know about these plants? Thanks.

blckqueen58 from Oklahoma City, OK

Hello at first it looked like a creeping charlie but without the the tell tell ridges but it may be a form of creeping charlie that is verigated? sorry i could not really help. good luck.

By (Guest Post)

It's hard to see too clearly in the photo, but if the leaves are thick, rubbery and unveined, it's probably a jade plant. If the leaves are not so thick, slightly scalloped edges, has reddish stems, and has veined leaves, it's most likely a Swedish ivy. You can google these two plants to see if it matches either one.

Hope this helps.

~gloria

I can't remember the exact name, but it starts with a K, I think. Something like kencheloe, maybe. I have one. It gets little orange flowers on it sometimes.

Anonymous

It looks like a Jade to me, too! It looks like it needs to be re potted into a slightly larger pot and the two spindly looking stalks trimmed back a tiny bit at a time for it to eventually have more overall visual balance.

This is not my Jade plant in the photo but it is what yours should/will eventually look like. This particular Jade is four years old.

By (Guest Post)

You should be able to cut off a shoot from it, take it to any gardening greenhouse or someplace that sells plants and they should be able to tell you what it is.

By Elaine (Guest Post)

Believe me, it is not Creeping Charlie. Unfortunately I have a yard full of it.

It looks like a Jade to me too. At least it is a succulent of some sort.

By Faith (Guest Post)

It looks like a jade plant to me also. I had one years ago and it didnt do very well:(

I think the one is a Jade Plant. I don't know what the other is at all.

Please help to identify this plant and how to take care of it as well as transplanting it. Can it be cut?

The small plant is a Jade. The tall one I don't know. I had Jade for years, and they can get leggy. If you cut the top two pieces off. The plant will do better.

Take the pieces you cut off and put in a small container with water; they will root. Then pot them in a small pot with potting soil. As they grow put them in a larger pot. Then you can have two more plants.

By Mary (Guest Post)

It looks like a pineapple plant. The other is a Jade plant.

By sandra (Guest Post)

It could be a jade plant maybe.

I searched and found the correct spelling. It's kalanchoe. There are many species, but yours looks like mine.

It looks like a jade plant ( crassula argentea). It is an inside plant that can grow into a small tree. It needs bright sunlight and you need to let it dry at least one inch between watering.

Can tolerate temperatures as low as 40. Fertilize in spring and summer monthly with diluted miracle gro. Note leaf edges will turn reddish in bright light.