AdviceGardening

What is This Plant?

We just moved into a new place that is surrounded with rose bushes and other plants. I came upon this plant and love it, but I don't know the name of it? Does anyone? The colors are so vibrant!

By Stacey Silva from West Jordan, UT

I have heard them called Torch Lilies and Red Hot Pokers. They are beautiful, I have some in my yard too!

I believe it is also called Tritoma. I use to have some but eventually they stopped coming up. I love the uniqueness of them.

Hi it looks like a red hot poker plant I do believe. Its very pretty if its yours I'd love a baby off of it or seeds. Yes, I just looked up torch lilies, and that's what they are - both names.

I dont know the scientific name for your plant, but I always known it as Red Hot Poker. It`s hardy and transplants well.

Goldenoldie, TN

I believe they are Red Hot Pokers or Torch Lilies, The scentific name Kniphofia.

Everyone is right and the site I went on said hummingbirds are attracted to them.