AdviceGardening

What is this Plant?

Can anyone help identify the name of the plant in the photo?
Thanks.

By Jon Parker from UK

It looks like a ponytail palm.

I believe when I worked in the flower shop we called it umbrella palm, might look under both names to id it.

Many thanks to you both I have now found it listed as a Ponytail Palm. I am happy that I now know how to care for it properly. Thanks again. Jon

Hello Jon, It is an Elephant Foot Plant ,also known as Pony tail. It is quite a valuable plant. I expect you keep it inside? ex londoner

You have a Ponytail Palm. They will get Huge in time. They seem to enjoy plenty of light and an occasional watering. I had a small one that I had purchased when my daughter (now 33) was small. It got so big that I couldn't roll or drag it up the hill to my greenhouse anymore so I passed it on to a neighbor who puts it in his garage during the winter....it's quite the eye catcher sitting outside his garage in the driveway during the warmer months of the year as it's huge :)

Orange Park, Florida

You have a pont tail palm they are quite beautiful you should water it when it is completely dry try not to over water or put it in direct sun light. Enjoy.

You have a Pony tail palm also known as an Elephant foot. They are native of Mexico, but they really are not a PALM. I live in Florida and they grow to be huge here with our warm tropical weather.