Which Cat Litter Is Best?

Category Cats
This may sound like an easy question, but there are factors to be considered when choosing the best litter for your kitties. Each type has pros and cons. Do your research. This is a guide about, "Which cat litter is best?".

I would like to know what cat litter is the best? Clumping or clay?
I have been using clumping. A family member says that clay cat litter is better to use. So I would like your opinions.

Answers

Best Answer

i have tried every sort of cat litter for Mr. Smith, my tabby cat. I think I have it right now as the cat smell is greatly diminished.
The clumping litter would just sit there in a great stinky lump and it was messy to clean up.
On Amazon I found Sanicat Gold (or classic) Non-clumping litter for £12. It's 30 litres big. It lasts me for a long time so I think it's value for money. (I bought mine in August this year and I will need a new one in December sometime.)
I really have tried them all and this one is by far the best I would recommend to you.

Monique =^..^=

Best Answer

"Best" is in the eyes of the beholder...
If you aren't home all day or aren't fastidious about cleaning the box, clumping is preferred.

If you clean up regularly and cheap (as in "Thrifty" is important, then clay is very good.
I personally place a sheet of newsprint on the bottom of my litter box under the cheapest (scented) clay litter(usually found in the BIGGEST bags in grocery stores...check the PER LB price for the best deals)
I change the litter as soon as I can and replace the newsprint with each change to absorb any residual moisture and keep the box smelling as fresh as possible.

I also keep a spare litter box so I can wash down and use vinegar and detergent to clean the original box regularly.

Awesome. I think I will do the newspaper at the bottom and go back to the clay.

It is cheaper. I think it may smell better too. Thanks for your tips & ideas. I appreciate it

Tahnk you so much for your help. I will check that out. I think the clumping litter was a good idea at the beginning. But it's expensive. And I don't think it works as good as the clay. I will check out Amazon now. Thank you so much for your tips & ideas!