Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

My ice maker stopped working on my Whirlpool side by side. How do I check to see whether it's the actual ice maker or the water inlet valve that is not working? Help!

By Dan from GA

My Whirlpool ice maker quit working. The red light is blinking, but I lost the manual and all I know is it's not the filter, that light is green.

By jennmcinn from Virginia Beach, VA

Answers:

Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

On eBay you can get Whirlpool icemakers and/or kits. It is not that difficult to do. Another suggestion is to look for the manual online. I have had good success with getting manuals for different products. Good luck! (10/12/2010)

By Stan

Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

Contact the company. You can tell them what you are seeing and perhaps they can assist. Sometimes a perfectly, seemingly working ice maker isn't really working and needs to be replaced. The ice maker often goes out although the fridge is fine. I have bought ice-makers at Lowe's and had a friend do the install. (10/15/2010)

By Linda L.

My Whirlpool ice maker keeps spinning, but it doesn't make ice.

By Mike from Dallas, TX

Answers:

Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

After removing the ice maker, I replaced the front of the ice maker ($22 from Sears parts online), the electrical contact was burnt. (09/13/2010)

By Mike

Whirlpool Gold side by side ice maker does not get water to make ice. What can I do to fix it?

By Steve Wilson from Richmond, VA

Answers:

Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

Mine was doing this. The repair man came out and discovered that the water hose at the back of the fridge was not connected tightly and the water was running down the back of the fridge and not into the icemaker. He tightened the hose at the top and it works. (07/30/2010)

By Dena Roberts

My Whirlpool icemaker keeps freezing up. We have thawed it out twice. It makes ice for about a week, then freezes up again. Any suggestions?

By char from Irwin, PA

Answers:

Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

Just a thought, I have a Frigidaire side by side I bought 12 years ago. In that first 2 years, I had 12 repairmen in because the ice-maker kept freezing up. Some clearly inexperienced ones would order and replace parts that didn't need it. We finally lucked into a repairman who actually knew what the problem was. It turned out to be a design flaw.

There are air vents across the back blowing frigid air down onto the freezing tray and the water inlet tube. He went out to his truck and brought in a roll of aluminum adhesive tape and covered up the vents on the left that most directly hit the tube. Problem solved and I haven't had any more problems in 12 years. (05/19/2010)

By Terri

RE: Whirlpool Ice Maker Not Working

I have a Whirlpool ice maker that doesn't make ice, yet there is water going to the system. Can this be fixed or is replacement the only cure?

I have a Whirlpool fridge freezer with an ice maker. The water dispenser is not dispensing water and the ice maker dispenser is not dispensing ice.

I have a Whirlpool Conquest side by side fridge. The ice maker just quit on me. The water still dispenses from the door. What should I try doing?

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.