White Zucchini Frittata
This is a delicious veggie frittata that's super easy to make. I find that white zucchini is more flavourful and juicy than regular zucchini, but you can use either kind. I love having this frittata by itself with some nuts and yogurt, or wrapped in pita bread with a dab of hummus. Yum, yum!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 - 6 servings
- 4 white zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- Coarsely grate the zucchini and onion.
- Mix grated zucchini, grated onion, eggs, flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Add oil to a nonstick pan and heat to medium heat.
- Pour in mixture. Lower the heat and cover pan. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, covered.
- Remove lid. When sides of frittata look cooked and start pulling away from the pan, use a spatula to cut it into quarters.
- Flip each quarter over.
- Cook another 5 minutes, uncovered, until both sides are browned and frittata is firm.
- Serve! I added walnut here for a nice crunch.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide