Why Does My Cake Rise Higher in the Middle?

Category Cakes
One of the most common causes of the dome in the center of a cake is too high a temperature. Try reducing the temperature to 325F rather than the typical 350F. This is a guide about, "Why does my cake rise higher in the middle?".

Why does my cake rise higher in the middle?

By Paula Minette B.

Answers

Best Answer

I'm 72 years old and every cake I have baked in my life is always a little highter in the center. It has never made any difference to me. The same goes for everybody that I have ever known. Of course none of us are professional bakers, but the way I look at is if the texture is good and the cake tastes good why worry about it.