How to Let Dough Rise in Warm Sun

Category Bread
If you are baking bread on a warm sunny day, use that heat to rise your dough. This is a guide about how to let dough rise in warm sun.

I like to bake my own bread because I know exactly what is in it. During the summer, the dough doesn't rise as well, because my air conditioning makes it cool in my house. Yesterday, the obvious hit me! DUH - put the dough out in the sun! I covered the bowl with plastic wrap and sat it on the porch in the sun. That worked like a charm! I can't believe I didn't think of it before!

By sewgeek from Florence, KY

About 30 years ago I started setting in on top of my car in the southern sun driveway. Cover with clear plastic as Tupperware cover would POP off and let flies in. Also have used my dishwasher drying cycle. Now that I have a new dishwasher with digital, I can't dial it to the dry only. No dial! But that raised a lot of bread.
I live in a 100 yr old house with lots of drafty areas and so the dishwasher is a constant. Another thing now is to set my pans on top of the chest freezer. Little warmth, up away from kids and dog, cover with large white cotton/muslin dishtowels.

I just baked some bread and as its cold inside and a lovely day outside I put the bread in a covered bowl in my car where it is nice and warm. the dough rose in no time. JuneD ( South Africa)

I have a black vehicle and no matter what you do it is going to be very hot inside of it during the summer. Sit your dough on the seat (on a towel) and your bread will rise in less than half the time.