Bread/Baked Goods Not Rising?

When your dough is too warm or not warm enough, you can have trouble with your bread rising. The dough may have sat too long or not long enough to rise properly.

Do you whisk your flour, stir with a spoon, or do anything special to your flour before measuring? All of a sudden my bread and coffee cake isn't rising like it used to. I bought new yeast and new flour. I'm stuck. I done it for years and now all of a sudden I have flat coffee cake. It tastes good, but....

Answers

You can kill your yeast if the water is too hot. Bread also needs a lot of work to kneed the bread to activate the yeast in the bread.

I am sure you know all of this if you make bread a lot. I have found using my mixer with the bread betters on them works best of me.

Check the date of your ingredients! Believe it or not it makes the difference.Even simple things effect the rising of your baked goodies!

Proof your yeast before using. I store mine in the freezer and it lasts

Frozen zucchini will need to not only be thawed and drained it is important to also blot it dry. Too much liquid can interfere with it rising properly.

This is a page about bread made with frozen zucchini not rising.

A piece of zucchini bread on a plate, covered in plastic wrap.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This page is about bread machine bread is not rising. Having your ingredients at the proper temperature can help you have success with your homemade bread.

Loaf of bread machine bread that has not risen on a cutting board.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Breads AdviceJune 28, 2020
😎
😷
🎆
🌻
🐛