BreadBaking

Bread and Coffee Cake Not Rising

Do you whisk your flour, stir with a spoon, or do anything special to your flour before measuring? All of a sudden my bread and coffee cake isn't rising like it used to. I bought new yeast and new flour. I'm stuck. I done it for years and now all of a sudden I have flat coffee cake. It tastes good, but....

You can kill your yeast if the water is too hot. Bread also needs a lot of work to kneed the bread to activate the yeast in the bread. I am sure you know all of this if you make bread a lot. I have found using my mixer with the bread betters on them works best of me.

Check the date of your ingredients! Believe it or not it makes the difference.Even simple things effect the rising of your baked goodies!

Proof your yeast before using. I store mine in the freezer and it lasts

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking BreadAugust 31, 2019
🎂
🌻
📓