Bread Made With Frozen Zucchini Not Rising

Category Bread
Frozen zucchini will need to not only be thawed and drained it is important to also blot it dry. Too much liquid can interfere with it rising properly. This is a guide about bread made with frozen zucchini not rising.

I used frozen zucchini for my zucchini bread recipe. (I did also add some shredded apple). I drained the zucchini thru a strainer, but it was still quite wet when I mixed it with the other ingredients. My zucchini bread is moist and tastes great. It just doesn't rise. When I make it with fresh zucchini (without draining) it rises beautifully.

Answers

Best Answer

Leavening agents are yeast and baking powder. You either left those it or they aren't fresh anymore.

Best Answer

Thanks so much. Did defrost zucchini and drained but not that long plus I did not towel dry.

Do use baking soda and baking powder. So think I'm almost there. Appreciate the suggestions. nshirl

Zucchini has a lot of water in the vegetable and when frozen seems to draw the water to the surface. You can always use frozen zucchini in your bread, but you really need to defrost this first. Take the zucchini out of your freezer and put it in a strainer. You need to sit the strainer up on a glass and not directly on the bottom of your sink. You need this to drain or weep. Leave it for about an hour. Afterwards, use paper towels to blot it dry.

Does your recipe call for baking powder and baking soda. When using frozen zucchini I normally use both. I have never used a yeast in zucchini bread and I have never heard of this before.

If you make banana bread with frozen bananas you need to strain the bananas and take out the water. This is the same with frozen zucchini. Make sure you get out as much water as possible before adding it to your batter.

Frozen fruits and veg need to be well drained before using in baking in order for it not to weigh down.