Next >︎
To Top

Window Treatments

I have a bedroom with two double hung windows on one wall, but they are not centered on the wall. What kind of window treatments should I use?

Mary from Sleepy Hollow, Illinois


Window Treatments

I would go with floor length. Sheers with a valance or Sheers with opaque. It depends on the style of the room you are going for.


Another idea to "Center" that window: Measure how far off center the window is from each side of the windows edge to the corner where walls meet subtract the short measurement from the long one buy a curtain rod and install it so the first bracket is on the side of the window with the shortest distance. Place the second bracket matching the difference in inches away from the edge of the window on the opposite site.

EXAMPLE: Window is 18 inches from one side to corner. other side is 26 inches from other side to other
that is a 8 inch difference. First bracket on 18 inch side right to left edge of window, second bracket placed 8 inches from right edge of window (Or vice versa depending on long and short sides). This may seem crazy but it will make the window seem centered and the floor length curtain will make it appear larger than it is. I got this from a JC Penny installer a few years back (01/04/2007)


By Firedancer67

Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Frugal Window Treatment
Frugal Window Curtains
Next >︎
June 22, 2009
Curtains hung with string.
Frugal Ways to Hang Curtains
A front door with two tall vertical windows.
Inexpensive Window Covering for Small Vertical Windows
Woman hanging a window treatment.
Window Treatment Advice
Beautiful drapes.
Saving Money on Drapes, Blinds and Window Treatments
Halloween Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by .

Generated 2017/10/12 09:20:18 in 391 msecs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!