Wood Kabobs for Keeping Cats Out of the Garden

This may not work in every situation, but it's worth a shot. Use some of the pointed wooden skewers (think kabobs), and insert them into the ground close enough together to keep the cat from being able to dig and bury. For just a couple dollars (maybe purchase the skewers at a dollar store), this method will avoid the need for chemicals, and is biodegradable and natural.

By webduck from Port Orchard, WA

My sister told me to put the wooden skewers into my Impatiens plants to keep the squirrels from digging up my pots. It works! And you can break the skewer, depending on the size of the pot, to double the use of them. I was tired of cleaning up the dirt and replanting the little plants. It is a great, green idea.