Woven Ribbon Heart
Vote for this contest contender!
You can make a beautiful little heart out of 4 strips of ribbon. It just takes a few weaves and a bit of hot glue. I like to use these on my homemade greeting cards, or glue a pin on the back to use as a brooch. You can use 2 colours of ribbon if you like. This works with all ribbon widths.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 heart
- 2 strips of ribbon, 4.5"
- 2 strips of ribbon, 4"
- hot glue gun
- sequins (optional)
- Add a dab of glue to the ends of the longer pieces of ribbon and attach the shorter pieces on top.
- Now glue them together perpendicularly.
- Fold the top left ribbon to form a U shape, then hot glue it on the right side to the bottom right ribbon.
- Fold the right top ribbon to bring it between the left loop, then hot glue it in place to the top left ribbon.
- Fold the left bottom ribbon to create a loop. Weave it through the right loop and hot glue it in place. Repeat with the right side.
- You can leave the heart as is, or attach sequins.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!