Yarn to Donate

I live in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area and am in the process of purging my yarn stash. I have quite a bit of sock weight yarn (leftovers from previous projects) as well as other weight yarns. I would like to donate this yarn to someone who will put it to good use; teaching knitting or crochet, or making items for this who in need to be given away free of charge. Anyone interested?

P.S. The yarn in the photo is just part of the stash.

By Pam M.

Best Answer

Here is a link to an article about prisoners who knit for charity and their families to learn re-socialization and patience. Maybe, if you are inclined you could donate there. www.washingtonpost.com/.../a814362a-ae0e-11e3-a49e-76adc9210f19_story...

I read your response and wondered if you had a contact for the prison group you mentioned. I cannot figure out who to contact to move foward with a donation.

Many thanks,
Beth Ann

Best Answer

Contact your local Senior Citizen's group. Ours has several 'clubs' inside there that do group crafts. They have a small store inside the center where they sell their merchandise.

Thanks fourlittlesheep for the link! But I've already found a home for this stash, I will keep it in mind when I need to purge again.

I could use the yarn if it's still available. I work at the Youth/Elder Center for our community and we are in need of arts & crafts supplies of all kinds.

Thanks in advance.

My Center will accept any donations just starting out seniors would love this contact Sophia 303-476-3629