Donating Yarn?

I have free yarn I need to give away! I have no more space for it! I moved from a house to apartment. I live in Philadelphia, Pa. Where can I take it?

You can donate it to a residential home for seniors or for mentally challenged people, a church or community knitting/crocheting guild, or even the art teacher at your local school. If you have the time and desire, you could check with an animal shelter to make comfy dog or cat blankets for cages. You can also advertise it on Craig's List under FREE STUFF. Good luck and report back here who was blessed by your donation.

Your city has a lot of good places to donate:

CHOP: www.chop.edu/.../donate-toys

The Resource Exchange:theresourceexchange.org/?v=757e5b5109ed

Philly Knits: www.phillyknits.org/

Wool yarn to this place (it is near philly);www.centerforcreativeworks.org/donate

Some of these may give you a tax slip, some may not. If that is important to you, ask first--in COVID time things may be different than before.

Post back with an update!

You could always inquire about thrift store drop offs, donating to a school. Also there are a few locations near you. - theresourceexchange.org/?v=757e5b5109ed - https://facetofacegermantown.org - be sure to check with them before travel to make sure during Covid that it is ok to donate yarn!

Hi,

How wonderful! I would think churches would like to have yarn, to use with the arts and crafts during Sunday school. It is very thoughtful of you to be donating the yarn!

---Robyn

Crafts MiscellaneousAugust 13, 2020
😷
😎
📓
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Donating-Yarn-2.html