'You Make My Heart Pop' Valentine Card
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
February 6, 2017
Use a lollipop as the focus point of a Valentine's card. Dress up the lollipop and add a heart that "pops" to make sure that your Cupid knows that he is the centre of your universe.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- 11 x 5.4 inch rectangle cut from 12" x 12" red scrapbook cardstock
- 4.6 x 4.6 inch square cut from a sheet of ordinary white printer paper
- red flat-sided lollipop
- 4 x 3 inch rectangle cut from white embossed net fabric
- A6 size (4.1 x 5.8 in) piece cut from a white glitter foam sheet
- blonde synthetic doll hair
- pair of 5mm wiggle eyes
- small piece of left-over red cardstock
- 15mm wide black self-adhesive decorative lace tape
- Pilot silver marker pen
- 2.1 inch high heart-shaped cookie cutter
- heart-shaped paper punch
- needle and white thread
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- clear sellotape
- standard scissors
- Use the silver pen to draw squiggles all over the piece of white printer paper.
- Score the red cardstock to create a card sized 5.4" x 5.4". With the fold at the top, centre and attach the piece of white printer paper to the front of the card.
- Fold the cellophane around the lollipop towards the back of the lollipop and use sellotape to secure.
- Centre and glue the lollipop to the front of the card.
- Thread one of the longer sides of the embossed net fabric with a tacking stitch, gather the frills together and glue the dress in place.
- Use the cookie cutter to trace a heart onto the piece cut from the white glitter foam sheet, cut it out and glue it in place. Punch a heart from the left-over red cardstock and glue it on the white glitter foam heart to add the heart that "pops."
- Add hair, wiggle eyes, and a mouth cut from the left-over red cardstock. Make a frame with the decorative lace tape and cut off any protruding edges.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.