Zucchini Grilled Cheese Recipe
If you can cook a grilled cheese sandwich, you can make these zucchini grilled cheese sandwiches and you will be happy you did; a no carb treat.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 sandwiches
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 oz mozzarella cheese - cut into lengthwise slices
- I always use a cast iron frying pan for the best results. Heat the frying up on maximum heat then turn back down to medium heat.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil to the pan.
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise into full strips about a quarter inch thick. Be sure to make a thin slice off the entire bottom and the top, of the zucchini, or it won't lie flat in the pan.
- Lay the strips into the oil in the pan and add on the mozzarella cheese as much as you want. I like these really cheesy. Give it about 5 minutes to each side. Carefully flip it over using a flipper and holding onto the top slice as the cheese will make it slide off.
- Brown both sides and cook until the zucchini is tender. Then slice in half to share it or cut into multiple strips for the best finger food ever. This makes a great party snack.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.