Zucchini Grilled Cheese Recipe

Category Vegetarian
Cut down on carbs with this delicious grilled cheese sandwich made without bread, using zucchini slices. This page contains a zucchini grilled cheese recipe.

If you can cook a grilled cheese sandwich, you can make these zucchini grilled cheese sandwiches and you will be happy you did; a no carb treat.

Total Time: 10 minutes

Yield: 2 sandwiches

• 2 medium zucchini
  • 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 oz mozzarella cheese - cut into lengthwise slices

1. I always use a cast iron frying pan for the best results. Heat the frying up on maximum heat then turn back down to medium heat.
  2. Add the extra virgin olive oil to the pan.
  3. Slice the zucchini lengthwise into full strips about a quarter inch thick. Be sure to make a thin slice off the entire bottom and the top, of the zucchini, or it won't lie flat in the pan.
  4. Ad

5. Lay the strips into the oil in the pan and add on the mozzarella cheese as much as you want. I like these really cheesy. Give it about 5 minutes to each side. Carefully flip it over using a flipper and holding onto the top slice as the cheese will make it slide off.
  6. Brown both sides and cook until the zucchini is tender. Then slice in half to share it or cut into multiple strips for the best finger food ever. This makes a great party snack.

I made this for dinner tonight. It was terrific. Thanks for sharing

You are welcome Judy. So happy to hear you enjoyed it. I love it myself and have made it often in the summer.

I'm eating this right now. Super yummy :) Thank you!

Thank you @attosa It is yummy. Happy that you like it.