Zymox Otic With Hyrdrocortizone for Dog's Ear Infection

I have a friend on Facebook who has a German Shepherd with an ear infection that keeps coming back regardless of antibiotic use. She told me she was ordering some meds. I told her to tell me how they worked so I could share here on this site. She had a glowing review after only one day and the dog is now coming to her to have the drops put in his ear. The product is Zymox Otic pet ear treatment with hydrocortisone.

The link at Amazon is below.

He was already at the vet's and has had ear problems for the last three years and this is the first product that has worked.

Related Product:

Thank you Robyn from all the beautiful G/S dogs who will be pain free.

Thank you Robyn, I just placed my order and look forward to my German Shepherd Baron having a pain free future. Thanks again for the info.

How did this medication work? We've been battling an ear infection in our GSD for over a year. We have been to the vet countless times and none of the meds have worked.

I used this product for a dog that had chronic reoccurring ear infections. It worked much better than the prescription medications that were tried first. But with certain dogs (mine was a Crocker Spaniel) infections are common and tend to come back. I found that after the infection was gone, I could keep it from coming back by putting a few drops of half vinegar and half water into her ears once or twice a day.

By using only a few drops you avoid having the ears get too damp, which leads to more infections but you are also adjusting the ph balance in the ears,which seems to prevent bacteria from growing. Hope this information helps you.

I can't recommend this stuff highly enough also! Our one dog has one ear that bothered her for a couple of years with brown sticky gunk that I treated with vet ointment and rubbing alcohol. Nothing worked. Then I read about Zymox on Amazon and ordered some. With two treatments, her dirty ear was clean and gunk-free. I keep checking it, and she's never had another problem with it for months.